Giving the gift of Charleston has never been easier. Local boutiques, downtown markets and even the gift shops of museums and historic sites offer a wide selection of handcrafted and uniquely Charleston gifts. Check out these ideas for giving a little piece of the Holy City to everyone on your holiday shopping list.
Gifts for Her
- Gold Bug Shining Star Ring: The oldest family owned jewelry store in Charleston, Croghan's Jewel Box has truly one-of-a-kind pieces in its Goldbug Collection. The shining star ring is 14-carat yellow gold plate with Swarovski crystals. This is the kind of bug you want to see under the Christmas tree!
- Charleston Map Tote: Any Charleston lover will be thrilled to tote this Holy City-themed bag around town. With the signature golden Spartina logo, this bag has an open-top design with a simple lobster claw closure. A roomy interior includes three slip pockets and one zip pocket.
- Charleston Print: Available from Mac & Murphy, this 8x10 print by Dorothy Shain captures all your favorite Charleston things: historic homes, palmetto trees and sailboats on the harbor.
Gifts for Him
- Ginger Infused Bourbon: For the bourbon lover on your list, try a bottle of something with an unexpected twist. Fresh ginger is the secret ingredient in this bourbon from Virgil Kaine. The ginger mixes with oak, black pepper and clove spice with a touch of sweet vanilla for balance.
- Bow Ties: These gorgeous feather bow ties from Brackish are handcrafted in Charleston and made with all-natural, sustainably sourced feathers. Each piece is beautiful, functional and one of a kind.
- 12 Days of Christmas Tie: Shop Ben Silver for this whimsical jacquard woven silk necktie detailing everything from the 12 drummers drumming to the partridge in a pear tree. The tie is available in green, red and navy.
Gifts for the Culinary Enthusiast
- Oyster Knife: Anyone living life in the Lowcountry needs a good oyster knife! Shop Kitchen & Company in Mount Pleasant for the Carolina Oyster Knife, perfect for shucking oysters at a New Year’s oyster roast. It has a thin edge to easily slip between the oyster and the shell along with a built-in guard for safety.
- Sweetgrass Bottle Stopper: Wine enthusiasts will appreciate this beautiful bottle stopper topped with a delicate sweetgrass design. It’s also suited for smaller bottles, including bath oils. Order online from Coastal Touch.
- Kitchen Accessories: Explore a beautiful selection of napkins and hand towels from Ibu, located on King Street. Ibu is a collection of luxurious garments and gifts handmade by women artisans around the world.
Gifts for the History Buff
- A Taste of the Colonies Trio: Oliver Pluff & Company has packaged a historic – and delicious – collection of coffee, tea and roasted cacao shells. In colonial times, the pubs and coffee houses served ale, tea, coffee and drinking chocolate.
- Heritage Passport: The Charleston Heritage Federation offers a passport to nine historic and cultural sites for one discounted price. Purchase two-day, three-day or seven-day passport for the explorer on your gift list.
- Books on Charleston: The Charleston Museum, America’s first museum, has an extensive collection of books about the Civil War, Charleston silver, The Siege of Charleston in 1780, Lowcountry recipe books and much more.
For more Charleston shopping guides, visit ChristmasInCharleston.com.