For more than 20 years, local restaurants and bands have combined with kids' activities and some friendly competition for a springtime festival organized by the Hilton Head Island Recreation Association.
Here's what you need to know about this year's event:
1. The 2017 event is March 24-25 at Shelter Cove Community Park.
2. The Wingfest Laser Light Show will kick off the festival on Friday night. The event is 5-9 p.m. with bands Zack Stiltner Trio and Groove Town Assault. Watch your favorite team on the big screen while enjoying favorite tailgate foods, kid-friendly events and restaurant rivalry. The evening ends with a dazzling and colorful laser light show.
3. On Saturday, you can dive into tasty chicken wings by local restaurants. More than 15 Hilton Head restaurants will cook their best wings to compete for the title of 2017 Best Wings of Hilton Head. Will One Hot Mama's (judge's choice) and Hilton Head Firefighters Association (people's choice) win again this year? You’ll just have to come sample some wings to find out.
4. While eating wings, enjoy some great tunes. A variety of performers will be playing, including Souls Harbor Trio, Deas Guyz and Matt Parker & the Deacons. Plus, there will be kids' activities, adult beverages and a wings-eating contest. There’s even a kid's "Bobbing for Wings" contest where kiddos bob for wing teethers in whip cream.
5. Proceeds from Hilton Head Wingfest benefit Hilton Head Island Rec Center's Children Scholarship Program. The Hilton Head Island Recreation Association is a community nonprofit that raises more than $200,000 annually to support its children's scholarship fund. Scholarships are given to children of various financial situations to ensure every child is able to enjoy the available recreational activities and programs.
So if you love wings and supporting a great cause, this is a can't-miss event! Admission tickets are $7 and kids 10 and under get in free.
Get all the details to plan your visit and purchase tickets at HiltonHeadWingfest.com.
Sponsored by: Hilton Head Wingfest